3D Secure – we are preparing a new method of card payments on the Internet
Be ready! Activate the Smart Banking application.
From January 2021, confirmation of payments will be easier, faster, even more secure than before and in accordance with European directives. Owing to push notifications in the Smart Banking/Smart Key applications, you will no longer have to rewrite any codes from text messages.
From January 2021, you will use the Smart Banking application on your mobile phone to confirm your Internet payments instead of using a text message code, as has been the case so far. Make sure the application is pre-installed and activated on your mobile phone.
HOW WILL CONFIRMATION THROUGH THE SMART BANKING APPLICATION WORK?
- After entering the payment by card in the online store, you will receive a notification on your mobile phone in the form of a "push notification" with a request to confirm the payment.
- After clicking on the received notification, you will automatically go to the payment authorization screen in the Smart Banking application.
- You will confirm the payment by card in the same way as the payment in the Smart Banking, i.e. with your biometric data (e.g. fingerprint) or PIN code. For your best experience, we recommend setting up Face ID or Touch ID in the application for confirming payments.
In order to use these push notifications, it is necessary that you have your phone connected to the Internet and receipt of so-called “push notifications” allowed in your mobile phone and in the Smart Banking application. Please check this setting. Simple instructions on how to set up notifications are available on our website in the Digital section HERE.
HOW TO GET SMART BANKING
HOW TO ACTIVATE SMART BANKING
If you use Internet Banking
- In your Internet Banking, go to: Account Details – Mobile Services – Smart Banking.
- We will send you the activation codes via a text message (Please note: we will send you the activation codes the next working day).
- Open the application on your mobile phone and activate it using your Internet Banking user number and the codes you received in the text message.
If you do not use Internet Banking
You can also activate Smart Banking via our Infoline at +421 2 6920 2094 or you can request our application at any branch of our Bank. You will then perform the activation in 4 easy steps..
More information on activating the Smart Banking application is available on our website in the Digital section HERE.
KEEP IN MIND
To be able to use the new method of confirming card payments on the Internet, it is necessary that you have your phone connected to the Internet and receipt of so-called “push notifications” allowed in your mobile phone and in the Smart Banking/Smart Key application. Please check this setting. Simple instructions on how to set up notifications are available on our website HERE.
Although we will already fully support 3D Secure – the new, more modern and more secure way of security – you may still encounter isolated cases when you are asked to verify by entering a code from a text message.
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY
- Our applications follow the highest security standards.
- Owing to a number of protective features, the mobile application is well‑protected against cyber-attacks.
- The entire communication with the bank via the application is encrypted.
- The Smart Banking application is linked directly to your mobile phone; however, no sensitive information is stored.
- All your logins and payment signing in the application are protected by PIN, fingerprint or Face ID.
- The PIN is unique, because you choose it yourself and it must contain 6 to 8 digits.
- If the PIN is entered incorrectly three times in a row, the user will be blocked.
- You will be automatically logged off from the application after 3 minutes of inactivity.
- The maximum amount you can send via mobile banking is EUR 3 300.