POSSIBILITY OF POSTPONING LOAN REPAYMENTS
IT IS IMPORTANT FOR US TO BE ALWAYS THERE FOR YOU IN THIS DIFFICULT SITUATION AND TO HELP YOU MITIGATE THE UNEXPECTED IMPACTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SPREAD OF COVID-19.
We have prepared for you an option to postpone instalments of housing loans, mortgage loans, PRESTO Loans and loans for companies, small entrepreneurs and sole traders.
At our bank, the postponement is carried out under the relevant law.
- Postponement of instalments of the same loan may be applied for only once during the pandemic.
- If you have more loans with our bank, please fill in a separate application for each loan.
- Postponement of loan instalments may be requested for a maximum period of 9 months, regardless of whether you have monthly or quarterly instalments or a one-off instalment.
- Postponement of loan instalments does not mean they are forgiven. The obligation to pay the loan instalments is postponed until the end of the period for which you want to postpone your loan instalments.
- After submitting your referral application we will inform you about its assessment within 30 days.
Frequently asked questions and answers:
Under Act No. 75/2020 amending Act No. 67/2020 on certain emergency financial measures in relation to the spread of dangerous contagious human disease COVID-19.
The application may apply to the loan principal, the loan principal and interest or the postponement of a bullet loan. Fill in your option in the application for a postponement form.
Postponement of instalments may be applied for by the borrower; where there are more borrowers for the same loan, postponement may be applied for by any of them, but in that case only the application that was delivered first is considered. If you are an entrepreneur – natural person or small employer, the application must be signed by a person authorised to act on behalf of the borrower.
Our goal is to support you and minimise the economic impact of the situation on the cost of your loan. However, as the repayment plan will be extended and interest will continue to accrue on the loan during the period of postponement, the maturity of the loan will be extended by the number of months of postponement and the interest from the period of postponement of instalments will be distributed among the remaining instalments.
If you have a monthly-paid insurance of the ability to pay the loan agreed in the loan agreement, you are obliged to make these payments during the period of postponement of instalments, in the amount and within the deadline agreed in the loan agreement, and the bank will collect the payment of premium from the account specified in the loan agreement. The loan insurance period will be extended by the number of months of the repayment deferral so yo will continue to be insured for the whole loan duration.
We will arrange the postponement of instalments for you free of charge.
Yes, you can. If the postponement of instalments is granted, the loan or part thereof may be paid or repaid early on your own initiative.
The bank is not obliged to grant the postponement of loan repayment provided you failed to duly fill in the application on this webpage, as well as provided:
- you are in default of your loan for which you apply for a postponement of instalments for more than 30 days prior to the submission of the application for a postponement of loan repayment;
- you were in default of another loan provided by the bank as of 29 February 2020 for more than 30 days and in the amount of at least EUR 100;
- you were in default under a special regulation (Article 178 of Regulation [EU] No 575/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 June 2013 on prudential requirements for credit institutions and investment firms and amending Regulation [EU] No 648/2012 [OJ EU L 176, 27.6.2013] as amended) as of the date of the submission of the application for a postponement of loan repayment;
For these purposes, an entrepreneur means an entrepreneur, regardless of the legal form, who employs less than 250 people and whose annual turnover does not exceed EUR 50 million and/or its total annual balance sheet does not exceed EUR 43 million.
The number of monthly loan instalments specified in your application for a postponement of instalments is postponed from the due date of the instalment following the submission of your application for a postponement of instalments. It is also possible to apply for a postponement of a loan instalment falling due within a period no longer than 30 days prior to the submission of the application for a postponement of instalments and the postponement shall apply from the due date of such unpaid instalment.
Please fill in the application for a postponement of housing loans, mortgage loans and PRESTO Loans.
You can apply online directly on this webpage, without visiting our branch. However, you can also submit the application at any of our branches.
UniCredit Bank now provides favourable loans for enterprises to support the Slovak economy through new state guarantee programmes approved by the Parliament of the Slovak Republic together with Slovak Investment Holding and Eximbanka. Under these programmes, not only small and medium-sized enterprises, but also large corporate clients can now apply for favourable loans. The measure also applies to sole traders and entrepreneurs with flat-rate expenses.
The guarantee programmes aim to help provide liquidity and access to financing for enterprises in relation to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in the Slovak Republic.
If you are interested in getting a favourable loan, please contact your advisor or use our contact form.
If your loan repayment postponement granted to you pursuant to Act No. 67/2020 ended, your instalment is due on the same day as before the setting of the repayment postponement and it will be deducted from your instalment account automatically. There is no need for changing the repayment settings.
If your difficult financial situation persists, we are ready to resolve it in cooperation with you by changing the loan repayment terms again. We deem it necessary to inform you that the right to change the contractual terms and conditions again does not arise automatically and your application will be decided on the basis of a thorough assessment of the reasons you provide for further repayment postponement.
HOW TO PROCEED
- First, make sure that the loan repayment is beyond your financial means. Changing the repayment terms may not be beneficial for you and, in the end, you will pay more in interest than if you had complied with the original repayment schedule. A change in the repayment terms is also information on change in the repayment schedule sent to the credit register. This information constitutes a negative record, which may affect the assessment of the provision of loan in the future in the long run.
- Make sure you have loan repayment insurance included in your loan. In the event of a difficult life situation (e. g. loss of employment, long-term incapacity for work, disability), you can assert an insurance claim and thus be entitled to payment of insurance benefits, for example in the form of monthly loan repayments. Read more on how to assert an insurance claim and on the insurance conditions at: https://www.generali.sk/poistna-udalost/hlasenie-poistnych-udalosti/zivotne-poistenie/poistenie-schopnosti-splacat-uver/ or at: https://www.unicreditbank.sk/sk/obcania/poistenie/poistenie-uveru.html, where information concerning the insurance conditions according to the date on which the insurance was taken out is available.
- If, despite the aforementioned facts, you contemplate postponing your consumer credit or mortgage loan, complete the contact form below. Subsequently, we will get in touch with you to agree on the next steps. We assure you that we will always try to comply with your request as far as possible.
Can I apply for change in the repayment of any loan?
It will be possible to apply for change in the repayment of consumer credit and mortgage loans. For bank overdrafts and credit cards, it is not possible to apply for change in the repayment terms.
How will the application and its processing be carried out?
Applications will be submitted through the bank’s branches. We are currently preparing suitable conditions for receiving and processing applications. When assessing your application, we are obliged to thoroughly check the reasons for the application, the financial situation of all borrowers and persons living in the same household, as well as the current information from the credit registers of the borrower and all co-borrowers.
Is it sufficient for the main borrower to submit the application?
No, it isn’t. The borrower and all co-borrowers must apply for the change in the terms. They must also prove their difficult financial situation, as well as complete and sign the contractual documentation.
What loan repayment alternatives can you offer me?
We are preparing several alternatives for changes in the loan repayment terms:
- Permanent reduction of the annuity instalment – to be used mainly by clients with consumer credit who wanted to repay their loan quickly and chose a shorter repayment period.
- Postponement of principal instalments – for a period of 6 months you will pay only interest and, where appropriate, other payments (insurance premium, monthly loan administration fee). The repayment period will be postponed by 6 months.
- Postponement of the entire repayment – in the case of approval, the entire loan repayment (principal, interest, fees) is postponed, with the exception of the insurance of the ability to repay the loan, which the client is obliged to continue to repay during the period of postponement. However, such postponement of instalments will only be possible if the main borrower or other co-borrowers, or the jointly assessed persons, will have no income, or will have only a minimum income.
Will interest accrue on the loan during the repayment postponement?
Interest will continue to accrue on the loan at the originally agreed interest rate. However, due to the extension of the repayment period, you will pay more in interest than if you had complied with the original repayment schedule.
Will I pay a fee for changing the loan repayment terms?
No, you won’t. No fee is charged for changing the loan repayment.
Will the information on changing the repayment method due to deteriorating financial situation be reported to the registers?
Yes, it will. Given the change in the repayment method, the bank must report the information to the credit registers in accordance with the law and this record may have an impact on the assessment of possible future loan applications.
Will the maturity of the loan be extended due to the change in the loan repayment terms?
Yes, the loan maturity will be extended.
Is the bank obliged to comply with the request for a change in loan repayment?
Each application will be assessed individually and we will always try to find the best possible solution. If, based on the information concerning your financial standing, we conclude that a change in loan repayment terms will not allow you to continue repaying your loan, we will not be able to accommodate your request.
Will it also be possible to apply for postponement of a business loan (loans provided to individuals, entrepreneurs and small enterprises)?
As in the case of consumer credit, bank overdrafts and credit cards are excluded from the possibility of changing business loan repayment. Requests for changing business loan repayment terms will be assessed individually and clients will be offered individual solutions.